U.S. Taxation

Tax Consulting for U.S Citizen Expatriates

U.S. citizens are required to file an annual income tax return regardless of their country of residence. U.S. expatriates who have employment income or self-employed income may benefit from the foreign earned income (FEI) exclusion to reduce their U.S. income tax expense.

U.S. citizens, regardless of country of residence, may are also to fulfill certain information reporting requirements, such as annual reports for foreign bank accounts, foreign financial accounts, ownership in foreign corporations, beneficial interest in foreign trusts, and transactions with foreign trusts, if certain thresholds are met for each different type of information report.

I assist U.S. citizen expatriates with their tax return and information reporting compliance, including:

    • Federal and state income tax returns
    • FinCEN Form 114 Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR)
    • Form 8938 Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets
    • Form 5471 Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect To Certain Foreign Corporations
    • Form 3520-A Annual Information Return of Foreign Trust With a U.S. Owner
    • Form 3520 Annual Return To Report Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts
    • Form 8891 U.S. Information Return for Beneficiaries of Certain Canadian Registered Retirement Plans

For new clients who wish to have an initial consultation, I offer a free 30-minute consultation by video or telephone call. For more details contact me through my email address shown on this web page.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about my services or anything else you read about on this web site.